Like, Comment, Share
Traumatic Brain Injury Survival Guide
Image: – – Veterans Info Site
The Traumatic Brain Injury Survival Guide website is an online book by Dr. Glen Johnson, a Clinical Neuropsychologist and Clinical Director of the Neuro-Recovery Head Injury Program in Traverse City, MI. The website is setup like a book with links to chapters, and the information is focused specifically on TBI and is given very concisely in laymen's terms.
The goal of this online book is to better prepare the person with the head injury and family for the long road ahead.
- Common Indicators of Head Injury
- How the Brain is Hurt
- Understanding how the brain works
- Dealing with doctors
- Family Members: What you can do in the hospital setting
- Emotional Stages of Recovery
- Coping with Common Problems – this section includes memory, headaches, organization, getting overloaded, sleep disorders, fatigue, anger and depression and word-finding.
By Dr. Glen Johnson, Clinical Neuropsychologist